Skip to main content

Let's Review

Jerek actually did make it back that last Saturday that I posted in the blog about it. Yay!

Tiri and I have been out with him, but I elected to stay home this week because I have laundry, etc to do. Then last night I got sick to my tummy so it was good that I was at home instead of out on the truck anyway. I am feeling better now, but my tummy is still sore.

I've used about 8 skeins of yarn since we have been out. Here are some of the things that I made:

This is a baby cocoon set that I would like to send to a lady who is collecting items for Sandy survivors in NJ/ I made it from the book I got at Walmart called Baby Cocoons. Nice little book, it has 5 cocoon and matching hat patterns.

Then we have these:

These are both special requests from Calvin's Hats, an organization that gives hats to moms who have lost babies. The bottom one is actually blue, it just looks purple.

These are also meant for NJ. The top item is a pet bed for a shelter that took in a lot of animals that couldn't be taken along with their owners during the evacuation. The other two are neck warmers. Winter is less than a month away, officially, but it's already feeling pretty nippy!

I also made a baby afghan for the Rez but I haven't taken a photo of it yet. I am rather proud about making a baby afghan. It's not baby colors, but it will be nice for a baby boy and it's bigger than most any of those baby blankets a person can buy nowadays so it should last the baby longer too. I used Red Heart "Painted Desert" and some solids that match colors in that yarn. Here is the yarn:

The blanket is a closed-hole granny, the only holes are on the corners. I have blue, brown and burgundy/maroon stripes in it.

I am sure there is more I could report but I think that is probably enough for now. I will leave off with this cute photo of Tiri:



Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lines Washcloth

Hello again. How is everyone? It's going about the same here, Jerek's still in the same shape. I did have a nice weekend. It was the circuit assembly, which is a two day series of Bible talks that takes place every year, along with the District Convention (three days) and the Special Assembly Day (one day.) There were many upbuilding Bible-based talks, and it was good to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while.

As you can tell by the title of the post, though, the assembly isn't the main point of my writing to you this time. I made a washcloth last week. I used a stitch pattern that I learned last fall from a afghan block. It was called Plowed Rows, but I didn't think that name fit the washcloth. Instead I am calling it Nine Lines, because it has nine lines. (I know, ain't I creative? (-:)

Here is the cloth. Not a great photo, but as good as I can do right now.

And on to the pattern.

I think this would be a great pattern to learn how to slip stitches with…

Soft Little Ribbed Hat

I made a new baby hat. I started it about a week ago, and I finally finished it today. I'm so happy with it I wanted to post how I did it. I usually have problems with getting a ribbed hat to look good all the way up to the decreases. This one looks good though.

Here is the hat from the front:

As you can see, it is preemie sized, probably 9" around stretched, though the ribbing allows it to shrink or grow as needed. I started it for the Precious Preemie Project. It's about 4" tall with a bit over a 1" folded up brim. I'm sorry my measurements aren't exact, I don't know where my tape measure went right now. However, preemies come in many sizes and Precious Preemie Project and many other charities work askfr preemie hats in many sizes.

The gauge is fairly lose to be soft and stretchy. It's 3 stitches to the inch in k2p2 ribbing.

Abbreviations: SSK: slip slip knit. Slip stitches as if to knit, then knit through both stitches at once.

On to the patt…

Little Crochet Mitts

I made some sweet little crochet mitts tonight, and I said well, I might as well blog about them! :)

Actually, this is how I made them.

They are size newborn+, with a bit f wriggle room. :)


Baby weight yarn. I used Bernat Baby Sport Ombre. You don't need much.

Size F crochet hook.

Scissors and tapestry needle.


Chain 1 and chain 2 counts as first stitch in each round.

Abbreviations used:

HDC: half double crochet
DC: double crochet
CH: chain
Sl ST: slip stitch
ST: stitch
REV SC: reverse single crochet, or crab stitch


Chain 2. Join with sl st to form ring.

Round 1: Ch. 1, work 11 hdc in ring. Join. (12 st.)

Round 2: Ch. 1, hdc in same st as join. 2 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 3: Ch. 1, do not work in same st as join. Hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 4-11: Ch. 1, work 1 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 sts.)

Round 12: Ch. 2, dc in each st around. (24 st.)

Round 13: Ch. 1, hdc around.

Round 14: Ch. 1, rev sc around.

Fasten off, weave…