Skip to main content

It's a boy!....

For Michelle, anyway. :)

I've been knitting and crocheting for him, since her shower is in less than 2 weeks. We will see if I actually get to go, but I hope to. And if I don't, well, then I guess I'll give her the gifts another time.

Here is what I have made for her so far:

This is Faux-isle Baby Hat





I am making mitts to match it, and will be writing the pattern up here when I get them both done since it's easy and cute. I have one mitt done now, and half of the second one.

I also have these Pistachio Mitts made, I just crocheted these up one day at my aunt's house when the yarn wasn't behaving for what I had originally planned to make with it.




These are made with 100% organically grown, spun, and dyed cotton. They are super soft!

And lastly we have this Soft Burp Cloth.


It's a good burp cloth size when put over the shoulder. I found the pattern in a Care Wear Newsletter, I think from 2007. Very fast and easy, you work one row and you remember the pattern. This is more of the organic cotton, this one is colorway Walnut. Again, it is unbelievably soft and will be perfectly comfortable against a newborn's skin.

Ah-ha! I found the correct Newsletter. Let's see if this link works.... September 2007 Care Wear Newsletter. It is a .pdf file, and can also be found by going to http://www.carewear.org/index.php?page=newsletters and selecting "2007" in the year box and "September" in the month box. The pattern appears on page 7, I believe.

Aside from all that, I've been making some other things. I was out of knitting and crocheting for a while, I just felt too awful. The morning sickness (which lasted all day) hit me hard this time, plus we were all sick otherwise too. When I get sick it settles in my chest and I try to hack up a lung for 6 weeks, which does not mix well with the nausea and sensitive gag reflex of morning sickness. However, in the last week to two weeks I've started to feel somewhat alive again and complete these projects for charity:

I made a Lilac Bush Preemie Beanie


and a Sunset Washcloth



and I sent this box of things to Pine Ridge Reservation. Some of the things were newly made, and some had been waiting for their owners for a long time.



And here are a few photos of Tiri, just for fun. :)


She loves playing ball now.



And trying to dress her dollies. <3

She's 21 months today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Crochet Mitts

I made some sweet little crochet mitts tonight, and I said well, I might as well blog about them! :)

Actually, this is how I made them.

They are size newborn+, with a bit f wriggle room. :)


Materials:

Baby weight yarn. I used Bernat Baby Sport Ombre. You don't need much.

Size F crochet hook.

Scissors and tapestry needle.

Notes:

Chain 1 and chain 2 counts as first stitch in each round.

Abbreviations used:

HDC: half double crochet
DC: double crochet
CH: chain
Sl ST: slip stitch
ST: stitch
REV SC: reverse single crochet, or crab stitch

Directions:

Chain 2. Join with sl st to form ring.

Round 1: Ch. 1, work 11 hdc in ring. Join. (12 st.)

Round 2: Ch. 1, hdc in same st as join. 2 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 3: Ch. 1, do not work in same st as join. Hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 4-11: Ch. 1, work 1 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 sts.)

Round 12: Ch. 2, dc in each st around. (24 st.)

Round 13: Ch. 1, hdc around.

Round 14: Ch. 1, rev sc around.

Fasten off, weave…

Nine Lines Washcloth

Hello again. How is everyone? It's going about the same here, Jerek's still in the same shape. I did have a nice weekend. It was the circuit assembly, which is a two day series of Bible talks that takes place every year, along with the District Convention (three days) and the Special Assembly Day (one day.) There were many upbuilding Bible-based talks, and it was good to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while.

As you can tell by the title of the post, though, the assembly isn't the main point of my writing to you this time. I made a washcloth last week. I used a stitch pattern that I learned last fall from a afghan block. It was called Plowed Rows, but I didn't think that name fit the washcloth. Instead I am calling it Nine Lines, because it has nine lines. (I know, ain't I creative? (-:)

Here is the cloth. Not a great photo, but as good as I can do right now.





And on to the pattern.

I think this would be a great pattern to learn how to slip stitches with…

Baby Booties

Hello All!

I have a pattern to share with everyone today. I just knitted these up yesterday, and I thought they might be something others would be interested in.





I've been busy making baby things to donate to Luther Midelfort in Eau Claire, WI. I just made these up on the fly yesterday. Hope you like them, and if you find a mistake leave a comment! :)

You will need:

Bernat Baby Jacquard or comparable baby yarn

Size 7 needles

Tapestry needle

Scissors

Two stitch markers

Size F or G crochet hook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gauge: 11 stitches to 2 inches in garter stitch.

These are worked in garter stitch throughout.

Cast on 36 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for the first 6 rows.

Row 1 of shaping: Knit 15 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Place marker, knit 2 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Place marker. Knit to end of row. (34 stitches)

Row 2 of shaping: Knit 14 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Slip marker. Knit 2 sti…