Skip to main content

*Sigh*

It's been over a monthi since I blogged, and believe me I haven't just been resting on my laurels in that time.

Tiri has teeth. I knew about one of them, the bottom front one on the left side. Last night she opens her mouth laughing, and there are two teeth in there! This explains why she tried to drive me into the witness protection program with her demeanor last week. I think she wailed more last week than she had in the entire time since she was born.

We were all sick for a good share of April, and I still am, sort of. I am on 3000mg a day of Amoxacillin for a tonsil that is making trouble. I just started the pills yesterday, and I already feel somewhat better, so hopefully it will knock it out.

Tiri is little wobble behind this week. She can get up on her knees, and she wants to crawl but she hasn't made the leap over into it yet.

Jerek started working on the 16th, and I am alternately happy and unhappy about this. I like that he is gainfully employed, but this means that I have complete baby duty (see above paragraph about wailing more in the last week then since birth.) He is working at the Co-op he applied at just before he lost his other job. He has a test the 15th of this month to get his sprayer's license so hopefully he will stay employed all summer, and then if he does good, maybe they will say they want him back next spring and he can get unemployment for the winter and.... I am rambling. :) These are my pet dreams at the moment.

I'm still knitting and crocheting, I think I would be wearing a neat new jacket if I didn't. I'm working on the squares for the Facebook swap. I wanted to drop out, but in the end decided not to. I made one with a horse head on it yesterday, and I am nearly done edging it with crochet to get it up to the 12" requirement. Here is the square before edging:



(Side note: I just did a whole copy image URL thing that I didn't know how to do before. It worked thought. Yay me! Lol.)

The pattern is here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/giddy-up

It was super easy and fun to make, I am thinking of making another. I would like to play around with it and try to get it to be 12 inches without a crocheted border. Only thing I did that deviated from the pattern was I used size 7 needles instead of size 5.

Before I go, I have to show off another picture of Tiri:



Jerek stood her up in her Pack-n-Play and she was holding herself up.

Also:



Isn't she cute??? This thing is useful, at least for a little while each day.

I'll try to blog again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Crochet Mitts

I made some sweet little crochet mitts tonight, and I said well, I might as well blog about them! :)

Actually, this is how I made them.

They are size newborn+, with a bit f wriggle room. :)


Materials:

Baby weight yarn. I used Bernat Baby Sport Ombre. You don't need much.

Size F crochet hook.

Scissors and tapestry needle.

Notes:

Chain 1 and chain 2 counts as first stitch in each round.

Abbreviations used:

HDC: half double crochet
DC: double crochet
CH: chain
Sl ST: slip stitch
ST: stitch
REV SC: reverse single crochet, or crab stitch

Directions:

Chain 2. Join with sl st to form ring.

Round 1: Ch. 1, work 11 hdc in ring. Join. (12 st.)

Round 2: Ch. 1, hdc in same st as join. 2 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 3: Ch. 1, do not work in same st as join. Hdc in each st around. Join. (24 st.)

Round 4-11: Ch. 1, work 1 hdc in each st around. Join. (24 sts.)

Round 12: Ch. 2, dc in each st around. (24 st.)

Round 13: Ch. 1, hdc around.

Round 14: Ch. 1, rev sc around.

Fasten off, weave…

Nine Lines Washcloth

Hello again. How is everyone? It's going about the same here, Jerek's still in the same shape. I did have a nice weekend. It was the circuit assembly, which is a two day series of Bible talks that takes place every year, along with the District Convention (three days) and the Special Assembly Day (one day.) There were many upbuilding Bible-based talks, and it was good to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a while.

As you can tell by the title of the post, though, the assembly isn't the main point of my writing to you this time. I made a washcloth last week. I used a stitch pattern that I learned last fall from a afghan block. It was called Plowed Rows, but I didn't think that name fit the washcloth. Instead I am calling it Nine Lines, because it has nine lines. (I know, ain't I creative? (-:)

Here is the cloth. Not a great photo, but as good as I can do right now.





And on to the pattern.

I think this would be a great pattern to learn how to slip stitches with…

Baby Booties

Hello All!

I have a pattern to share with everyone today. I just knitted these up yesterday, and I thought they might be something others would be interested in.





I've been busy making baby things to donate to Luther Midelfort in Eau Claire, WI. I just made these up on the fly yesterday. Hope you like them, and if you find a mistake leave a comment! :)

You will need:

Bernat Baby Jacquard or comparable baby yarn

Size 7 needles

Tapestry needle

Scissors

Two stitch markers

Size F or G crochet hook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gauge: 11 stitches to 2 inches in garter stitch.

These are worked in garter stitch throughout.

Cast on 36 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for the first 6 rows.

Row 1 of shaping: Knit 15 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Place marker, knit 2 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Place marker. Knit to end of row. (34 stitches)

Row 2 of shaping: Knit 14 stitches, knit next 2 stitches together. Slip marker. Knit 2 sti…